This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Webfilter whitelist IP range

I need some help with a filter action, everything is blocked by default and I would like to allow an IP range / 104.199.64.0/24 and 104.199.65.0/24 /. I tried this regex ^https?://104\.199\.65\d+.* but it's not working, I see the block in the log. Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • webfiltering is based on URL, not on I.P.   You need to whitelust the FQDNs as well, or more likely, instead of the IP address.

In the web world, host names determine behavior, so host nanes drive tbe filtering logic.

• If you are using only Transparent Web Filtering, you may be able to accomplish want you want in this way:

• Add the IP range to the Transparent Destination Host Skip List, which will cause the traffic to drop out of Web Proxy and be handled by Firewall Rules.
    • Ensure that a Firewall Rule allows the traffic out.

The downside to this approach are:

• The Skip List applies to all users, while a Filter Action applies can be granular to specific users at specific IP addresses.
    • The Skip List approach does not really work for Standard Mode.  I recommend moving to Standard Mode wherever possible, while keeping Transparent Mode enabled as a backup.
  • If you are using only Transparent Web Filtering, you may be able to accomplish want you want in this way:

• Add the IP range to the Transparent Destination Host Skip List, which will cause the traffic to drop out of Web Proxy and be handled by Firewall Rules.
    • Ensure that a Firewall Rule allows the traffic out.

The downside to this approach are:

• The Skip List applies to all users, while a Filter Action applies can be granular to specific users at specific IP addresses.
    • The Skip List approach does not really work for Standard Mode.  I recommend moving to Standard Mode wherever possible, while keeping Transparent Mode enabled as a backup.
Children
No Data