This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to configure additional IP addresses?

Hi all,

I'd appreciate some help on this matter, basically we have purchased an extra range of IP addresses from our ISP which we want to apply to different webservers. 

Now the way I thought this was done on the UTM and the way that others have detailed in this forum is to add each static public IP in the 'additional addresses' section on the UTM for the correct interface. Then you would go and create a DNAT rule to forward traffic coming from a particular 'additional IP' to a certain server. 

Now I have tried and done the above with no success, I am just not able to access the webserver externally. I know its nothing to do with the webserver as if I flick the DNAT rule over to the single static IP we used to have then it works fine so it must be a configuration issue with the additional IPs

I've attached two screenshots of the config incase anyone can spot an error. I'd appreciate any suggestions

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi James and welcome to the UTM Community!

Always use /32 with Additional Addresses.

Confirm that your Host object in 'Change the destination to' doesn't violate #3 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi James and welcome to the UTM Community!

Confirm that your Host object in 'Change the destination to' doesn't violate #3 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • BAlfson said:

Hi James and welcome to the UTM Community!

Cheers - Bob

Thanks Bob,

I've confirmed all addresses are using the /32 notation and I have confirmed I am not violating rule 3 :)