This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What happens if UTM 9 disjoined from AD

Does UTM cache the login information for HTTP proxy? How long for? Or the proxy auth will be broken entirely? If i use HA, the standby node use the same ad computer object so the two node share the computer credential during sync? What cause disjoining?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Szia Tamás and welcome to the UTM Community!

The information for each individual user is cached for five minutes.  After the user's cache has expired, no AD authentication can occur, so it depends on your configuration how and if the user's web traffic goes through the Proxy.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Szia Tamás and welcome to the UTM Community!

The information for each individual user is cached for five minutes.  After the user's cache has expired, no AD authentication can occur, so it depends on your configuration how and if the user's web traffic goes through the Proxy.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Dear Balfson!

Thank you for the answers.

I had two other questions:

If i use HA, the standby node use the same ad computer object so the two node share the computer credential during sync? What cause disjoining?

Thanks,

Tamás

• Tamás, one of the unwritten rules here is "one topic per thread" - that's to make it easier for future members to find an answer to a question that's already been answered without starting a new thread. You're new in this community, so I'll answer the other questions here.

In HA, the information is synced between the nodes almost instantaneously.    You can "un-join" a UTM from AD by doing a new join using incorrect credentials.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA