This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to set up Sophos UTM and Eero ?

Hi,

I have a couple of Eero APs behind a Sophos UTM:

Cable Modem ---- Sophos UTM ----- Eero AP ---  Devices

Eero in NAT mode and Sophos UTM is in Transparent mode. 

Eero in bridge mode is not an option because I would lose the Family Profiles features (capabilities of pausing devices and schedules).

However when I pause of the family profiles it does not work (devices can access Internet).

If I includes the Eero ip address in Filtering options - Misc - Skip Transparent Mode Source Hosts/Net, then Eero's pause capability works.

But, I can't leave it so, since then I lose the protection capabilities for all devices behind the Eero.

I tried instead creating an exception list setting up "Skip these checks" (checked all options) and "For all requests" "Coming from these networks" (used the Eero IP address), but it did not work.

Advise please.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm not familiar with Eero, but I suspect that the UTM's Web Filtering can do everything that Family Profiles does.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I'm not familiar with Eero, but I suspect that the UTM's Web Filtering can do everything that Family Profiles does.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data