This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to replace Computer IP to AD User Name from Log Report?

Hi all,

I am a new Sophos Firewall user.

I need a detail information to trace who uses the computers (We have 5 computers to serve all staffs) and what websites are the user log in to.

I follow the article (https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/115659) and finish the point 1,2,3,4.

At Point 5, I have a confuse. If meet the purpose, does I need to create a proxy server in the window server?

Sorry for my bad English.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If the webfilter log does not have usernames, it is because you are not doing authentication.

If the webfilter log has IP addresses instead of host names, it is because you have not configured Reverse DNS lookups from UTM to your internal DNS server. 

If UTM is your only DNS and DHCP server, the logs may not contain host names.   I say this because other posts in this forum indicate that the UTM DHCP server does not update the UTM DNS with host names.  I do not use UTM for DHCP so I cannot say this from personal experience.

There is a lot of valuable information in this forum that is not in the manuals.   Start by reading the articles in the Wiki section of this forum.  Then read my post in the WebFilter sub-forum about Web Filtering lessons learned.

• If the webfilter log does not have usernames, it is because you are not doing authentication.

If the webfilter log has IP addresses instead of host names, it is because you have not configured Reverse DNS lookups from UTM to your internal DNS server. 

If UTM is your only DNS and DHCP server, the logs may not contain host names.   I say this because other posts in this forum indicate that the UTM DHCP server does not update the UTM DNS with host names.  I do not use UTM for DHCP so I cannot say this from personal experience.

There is a lot of valuable information in this forum that is not in the manuals.   Start by reading the articles in the Wiki section of this forum.  Then read my post in the WebFilter sub-forum about Web Filtering lessons learned.

Children
No Data