This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ISP public network to Sophos WAN Port

Hi, I'm just about to break my head and can not get on.

I want to use the network of my provider for web servers and other devices on the Sophos SG 210. Unfortunately, I can not build a kind of public DMZ.

I have a network on my FC WAN port Example: 1.1.1.0 / 27

The gateway at the provider is 1.1.1.1 / 27. My Sophos has the 1.1.1.2 / 27. Internet itself works too.

Now I would like to go and another device which should be externally reachable the IP 1.1.1.3 / 27 awarded. This is for example directly connected to ETH4.

How do I configure the sophos, that this 1: 1 passes through or routes?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • What about adding 1.1.1.3 as an additional IP on the external interface and then use this additional address in a DNAT rule to forward traffic to the desired host?

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• What about adding 1.1.1.3 as an additional IP on the external interface and then use this additional address in a DNAT rule to forward traffic to the desired host?

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children
  • Hi, Thank you for the feedback. But that is the purpose of the story. I do not want to have a NAT in between. These are devices such as SIP PBX or VPN gateway router

• Then you could bridge external interface with another interface, connect a device to the bridged port and configure the right IP.

• Thank you so much! that helped me. :)

how is it when I get assigned a new network from my ISP. Where do I enter the new network? under additional addresses?

• No, once you bridge your external interface with another and connect other devices to the bridged interface, you have to edit the other devices ip-settings on that device itself. It's just like your the UTM's bridged ports have become a mini-switch.

However you do need to add firewall rules, since traffic is traveling interfaces firewall rules are needed!

• Namaste Singh Varinder and welcome to the UTM Community!

It sounds like what you want is a "transfer network."  Say your public IP is 217.41.31.21 and your ISP gives you a subnet like 217.41.31.128/29.  Ask your ISP to route that subnet to your primary address and then make an interface named "DMZ" with 217.41.31.128/29 on another NIC.  Now, you can have servers defined with 217.41.31.129-135 IPs that are protected by your firewall and IPS.  You now only need to make a firewall rule like 'Internet IPv6 -> Web Surfing -> DMZ (Network) : Allow'.  WebAdmin configures the routes automatically.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA