This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Open PGP / E-Mail Encryption

Hello Everybody,

i have some Questions regarding E-Mail encyption.

My Sophos UTM (SG230) is my Smarthost. Now i created for testing a public Key for my private E-mail Address (smbdy@outlook.com)

I imported this Public Key into the OpenPGP Tab under E-Mail Encryption.

Then i created an internal User (me) employe@company.com and i let the UTM generate the Pub/Private Key for my Company User.
So far so good.

Now i exported the Public Key for (me) employe@company.com, imported it to Mailvelope and send an encypted Mail using the Public Key (employe@company.com) from smbdy@outlook.com to employe@company.com. The Email is getting scanned but not decypted. The Subject says: (PGP: Encrypted, Unsigned)

This is my Internal User in the UTM

Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction why the mail is not automaticly decrypted.

Looking forward and thanks in advance

Best Regards

Marc

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • 2nd Try. I generated a PGP Private and Public Key manually for employe@company.com with Kleopatra. After generating i export the Private and the Public Key. Then I copy the contents from both files to a new file. First the Public Block, than the Private Block. Save to a new file. I created a new User (employe@company.com ) and then i wanted to Import the file in asc Format. The UTM tells me that i cannot be imported because invalid Key or password needed...Im sure there is no typo and the Adress is correct!

• 2nd Try. I generated a PGP Private and Public Key manually for employe@company.com with Kleopatra. After generating i export the Private and the Public Key. Then I copy the contents from both files to a new file. First the Public Block, than the Private Block. Save to a new file. I created a new User (employe@company.com ) and then i wanted to Import the file in asc Format. The UTM tells me that i cannot be imported because invalid Key or password needed...Im sure there is no typo and the Adress is correct!

Children