This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto renew WAN IP - Connected to 4G

Hi All. 

The WAN on the UTM is connected to a Netgear 2120 in bridge mode that in turn is running off 4G Mobile Network. Due to the nature of 4G it can change IP at any time and this generally happens a couple of times a day - assuming it is prob due to the 4G changing towers. Issue is when this happens the WAN on the UTM goes into a link down state but does not try and re-obtain a new IP - I am forced to log in and click the renew button. 

Ultimately I am looking for a solution that will renew the WAN IP when required without manual intervention. 

Thanks all :) 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Christian and welcome to the UTM Community!

You can find the REF_ of an interface named "4G" with:

cc get_object_by_name interface ethernet 4G|grep \'ref\'

That will return something like REF_IntEth4g.  Armed with that, you can renew the lease with:

cc interface_dhcp_renew_lease REF_IntEth4g

I'm not comfortable recommending an automatic solution either in the UTM or on a separate device.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Christian and welcome to the UTM Community!

You can find the REF_ of an interface named "4G" with:

cc get_object_by_name interface ethernet 4G|grep \'ref\'

That will return something like REF_IntEth4g.  Armed with that, you can renew the lease with:

cc interface_dhcp_renew_lease REF_IntEth4g

I'm not comfortable recommending an automatic solution either in the UTM or on a separate device.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data