This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot connect to webadmin when logged into the VPN

Hello.  We are using AWS cloud Sophos UTM 9 (Release 9.506-1). We have it setup and working.  The problem we are having is setting setting up restricted webadmin access.  We want to restrict access to webadmin access to admin users from a specific IP address ("SageHQ") OR admin users that are logged into the VPN (SSL VPN pool).  Our webadmin page is configured like so..

Allowed Administrators: "SuperAdmins"

Allowed Networks: "SageHQ", "VPN Pool (SSL)"

I am in the SuperAdmin group and I am able to access https://<Sophos host>:4444 when connected from "SageHQ" (and not logged into the VPN) however when I'm connected from an outside address (and logged into SSL VPN) I am no longer able to access the webadmin address.  As I understand it, when I'm logged into the VPN I should be able to access the webadmin page because it's setup to be accessible from the VPN pool.  Isn't this how it's supposed to work or am I not understanding it correctly?

When I'm logged into the VPN my PC does get assigned a VPN pool IP..

"utun3: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 10.242.2.6 --> 10.242.2.6 netmask 0xffffff00
nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>"

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Please show a picture of the Edit of your SSL VPN Profile.

Also, a little tighter security and flexibility to use other remote access methods would be gained by replacing "VPN Pool (SSL)" with the "SuperAdmins (User Group Network)" object.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Please show a picture of the Edit of your SSL VPN Profile.

Also, a little tighter security and flexibility to use other remote access methods would be gained by replacing "VPN Pool (SSL)" with the "SuperAdmins (User Group Network)" object.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data