This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A huge Problem with VoiP Calls on my UTM 9

Dear community,

I have the following problem for weeks:

We’re using a cloud telephone provider. Every 3rd call our agents are not able to hear the customer for about 3-5 seconds. Then the call continues as usual.

Most time the disorder is in the beginning of a call. The consequence is that the customer hangs up.

I’m using the following configuration:

UTM9 -> version: 9.509-3

Multipath rule: Network -> Any -> (Network of the VOIP provider) -> DSL interface
//With this rule I’m able to bind the whole VOIP traffic in the company to only one DSL connection. There’s no other traffic bound to this connection, only VOIP traffic. Now I’m sure that there’s no issue with the bandwith. When I’m having a look at the traffic send through the DSL connection (100k) it’s only round about 3-5 Mbit/s. Not that much.

Firewall: Network -> VOIP -> (Network of the VOIP provider) -> DSL interface
//This allows the VOIP traffic to route into the destination network of the VOIP provider

At the point “VOIP“ I also configured the SIP protocol support with the correct destination network.

At the moment the telephones connect to the VOIP provider using a VPN tunnel, so if there’s any unsecured VOIP traffic in the network, it’s a little amount of it.

If it’s important: I’m using a webfilter in transparent mode.

Maybe someone of you has a clue how to fix my problem.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely

Robin

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I just answered this same question in the German Forum, Robin.

Check the Intrusion Prevention log for Anti-UDP Flooding activity.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA