This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NVR Remote access

hello.

i have one new NVR, connected to UTM also added to full internet access rule but unlucky the device not come up online. The NVR internet rule has NO deny list or  deny service. 

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • NVR = Network Video Recorder? or something else?

I think you will need to provide more detail for the access required...

what access is required? inbound/outbound

what are you expecting to get?

TCP/IP ports used by the NVR

maybe a picture or 2 may help.

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• yes cctv recorder.  Nvr config menu i can see the device online status. i allowed this device to access any service from internal to external without any acl. but it doesn't,r work. currently this device connect directly to dsl line.

• yes cctv recorder.  Nvr config menu i can see the device online status. i allowed this device to access any service from internal to external without any acl. but it doesn't,r work. currently this device connect directly to dsl line.

Children
  • you didn't give much away there

I am going to have a stab in the dark here.

do you need to see the video from the internet ( e.g. when you leave where it currently is)?

e.g. you want to view the video externally.

if you do then you will need to apply an external to device rule (put very simply)

this may required web port (80,443)

and then the video streaming ports (check on manufacturers documentation)

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

•  

Why this log message generating. service already set to ANY.

Default DROP UDP
    192.168.100.216 : 63376→ 8.8.8.8 : 53

• If #2 in Rulz doesn't give you enough information, show us the corresponding line from the full Firewall log file.  Alone among the logs, the Firewall Live Log presents abbreviated information in a format easier to read quickly.  Usually, you can't troubleshoot without looking at the corresponding line from the full Firewall log file.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA