Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

[8.951][BUG] dhcp option 60 missing

is there a reason why dhcp option 60 is missing?

we'd need that for pxe (altiris) deployment...

ng, Berndt
Parents
  • The DHCP server will only reply with DHCP options the client requested.
    So check the DHCP request if code 66 was requested.

Code 66 is equivalent to next-server (DHCP header)
    Code 67 is equivalent filename (DHCP header)

In theory, both should working. However during my tests. most PXE clients ignored Code 66.

So please create a DHCP option for next-server and configure them. If the client then uses the correct tftp server but wrong filename, please create an entry for filename too.
  • excellent, we're getting closer. almost there...

using next-server instead of option 66 I'm getting further and: to another problem.

I'm using "BStrap\X86pc\BStrap.0" in the text field of option 67 (or option "filename"). Via wireshark I can see only "BStrapX86pcBStrap.0" where in my prodlan also the backslashes are presented.

so in short: could it be that the backslashes in dhcp option textfields are deleted/ignored by astaro?

when moving the file down two folders in the "root" and therefore avoiding the backslashes it works!!! at last!

ng, Berndt
  • excellent, we're getting closer. almost there...

using next-server instead of option 66 I'm getting further and: to another problem.

I'm using "BStrap\X86pc\BStrap.0" in the text field of option 67 (or option "filename"). Via wireshark I can see only "BStrapX86pcBStrap.0" where in my prodlan also the backslashes are presented.

so in short: could it be that the backslashes in dhcp option textfields are deleted/ignored by astaro?

when moving the file down two folders in the "root" and therefore avoiding the backslashes it works!!! at last!

ng, Berndt
Children
No Data