[9.260][BUG] WIFI throughput issue using separate zone

I operate a AP50 with 3 separate zone networks / SSID's.

Since 9.260 update I had intermittent issues to connect to - especially SSL - sites  as IView Setup, SUM Gateway Manager or also connections with VSphere Client to ESXi via that those separate zone networks.

Today it got worse, and my throughput via separate zone WIFI networks dropped to 0,x...max. ~2MBit downloadspeeds, while uploads still seemed to work ok. Perftest via speedtest.net showed me for my 50/5 Uplink only 0,7 MBit download, but full 5 MBit Upload,

After some testing I found out, that if I lower MTU on those separate zone networks wlanx interfaces to 1300, throughput and stability becomes nearly normal again, if I go back to higher MTU as 1460, 1472 or 1492 or 1500 (which was default in my network up to now), throughput drops again nearly to zero for download.

Was there any changes in the tunneling from separate zone or the MTU (some kind of broken MSS clamping or something like that) ?

Contact me, if you want test...It's simple to reproduce the breakdown here by setting MTU back to (normal) MTU 1500 from now 1300 (which seems to work quite well...)

[8-)]
Parents Reply Children
No Data