[9.165][BUG] Slow Outlook 2013 RPC/HTTPS access to Exchange when Web Protection is enabled

Hi,

after enabling Web Filtering (Scan HTTPS (SSL) traffic is disabled) I notice a severe performance degradation in Outlook 2013. Connecting to the mailbox on Exchange 2013 (at work) takes considerably longer and also switching between mail items takes more time than when Web Filtering is disabled. 

Why does the webfilter has any influence on this, since it's a SSL connection and SSL scanning is disabled on the webfilter.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Franc.
Parents
  • We are having trouble reproducing this in house.  It took a while for us to get things configured to match the setup, but in our case loading outlook took the same amount of time and the "trying to connect" to the exchange server was almost exactly the same time.

One thing to try is in the configuration for Outlook Anywhere.  When you are in the Exchange Proxy Settings there are two options "On ... networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP" which basically controls which it tries first.  Does changing this setting make any difference?

You could send us screenshots of your firewall rules but I suspect that won't make much of a difference.  Best would be if we had SSH access to your box.  If you are willing, send me PM with login details.

Does anyone else on the forum have experience with using Outlook Anywhere over the UTM?
  • We are having trouble reproducing this in house.  It took a while for us to get things configured to match the setup, but in our case loading outlook took the same amount of time and the "trying to connect" to the exchange server was almost exactly the same time.

One thing to try is in the configuration for Outlook Anywhere.  When you are in the Exchange Proxy Settings there are two options "On ... networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP" which basically controls which it tries first.  Does changing this setting make any difference?

You could send us screenshots of your firewall rules but I suspect that won't make much of a difference.  Best would be if we had SSH access to your box.  If you are willing, send me PM with login details.

Does anyone else on the forum have experience with using Outlook Anywhere over the UTM?
Children
No Data