How to report new issues

Where do you report possible bugs? I am new here and not familiar with the bug reporting.
  • Where do you report possible bugs? I am new here and not familiar with the bug reporting.

Hi Technogeek,
    welcome to the UBB.
    To report (possible) bugs, just open a new thread like the others do and post as much information you can gather, like:
    - UTM version (important later in the beta phase)
    - Hardware
    - network setup
    - log files
    - screenshots

happy testing
    /snowcrash

• To report (possible) bugs, just open a new thread like the others do ...

Additionally, it would be nice if you choose a meaningful subject for the thread, naming at least the feature that you are talking about. It would be ideal if you start the subject with the UTM version that you have found the problem in, followed by a tag (eg. Bug/Feature/Question) that helps us to categorize your problem.
    An example: [FONT="Courier New"][9.060][BUG] foo error message in bar feature[/FONT]

Oh, and please remember: one thread per problem. Don't try to report different things into the same thread. This beta runs would quickly become unmanageable for us if things get too crowded ;-)

Cheers,
    Kai
  • Hi Kai
    For the new member's it might also be a good idea to break down the convention of the Subject line.
    [Version] [BUG, Question] (Description of Problem in a searchable format).

Feature requests normally go to UTM (Formerly ASG) Feature Requests

Mark
  • Hi all,

Kai asked me to re-post the following notes from another thread once more in this thread:

Every distinct issue is worth a separate new thread. If you are unable to decide whether your issue has been reported before or not, it is perfectly fine to create a new thread.

In case your issue has been reported before, we will mark your thread as [DUPE] and will give instructions in which thread to continue the discussion. Of course you can help us a lot if you carefully read (without posting) all the other unread threads first, before starting a new thread. If your did not find exactly your issue in one of the other threads, then by all means, please start a new thread for it. You don't need our confirmation to do so.

I hope this is of any help for all those new to our beta.

Regards,
    mlenk
  • As UTM 9.100 is GA released, bugs should be reported now to support as Dev's won't actively monitor this forum. Thanks for all your help!