[ANSWERED] question about home licencing

Hi,
will a home user be able to use this version and will current home licence apply?

Ian M
Parents
  • I have been both a home (personal) and business user (in my place of work) of Astaro/Sophos UTM since V.6 in 2009. While I am elated that you are continuing the home license, I find the seemingly arbitrary 6GB limitation to be utterly pointless. Why 6GB?, you cannot buy 6GB of ram and it just seems like a "because we said so" type of move that gives off bad vibes. Allowing home users that already have 8GB of ram in their current configurations is not going to cost Sophos in any way, shape, or form.

With IOT, the number of connected devices in the home soaring, and the growing amount of 1Gb home data connections especially with Docsis 3.1 on the horizon, performance is going to be critical even for home users.
  • I have been both a home (personal) and business user (in my place of work) of Astaro/Sophos UTM since V.6 in 2009. While I am elated that you are continuing the home license, I find the seemingly arbitrary 6GB limitation to be utterly pointless. Why 6GB?, you cannot buy 6GB of ram and it just seems like a "because we said so" type of move that gives off bad vibes. Allowing home users that already have 8GB of ram in their current configurations is not going to cost Sophos in any way, shape, or form.

With IOT, the number of connected devices in the home soaring, and the growing amount of 1Gb home data connections especially with Docsis 3.1 on the horizon, performance is going to be critical even for home users.
Children
No Data