[ANSWERED] question about home licencing

Hi,
will a home user be able to use this version and will current home licence apply?

Ian M
Parents Reply Children
  • Participation in BETA program was on volunteer basic, and it looks like that there will be no rewards...[;)]

On 31.10, my plan is to re-image my office UTM120 device with UTM9, and restore backup configuration from July.

I don't understand ur answer, I am not looking for rewards I am simply asking if Sophos will simply stop working on Nov 1 and how do we get our Home License?
  • I don't understand ur answer, I am not looking for rewards I am simply asking if Sophos will simply stop working on Nov 1 and how do we get our Home License?

1. Yes, it will stop working.
    2. Still not defined.

Uderstandable...[;)] ?
  • 1. Yes, it will stop working.
    2. Still not defined.

Uderstandable...[;)] ?

Thanks for getting back to me. Thing is supposed to be going GA Nov 1st if they decide no more beta testing is needed at least that's how I understand it, Are you telling me this thing is just going to fall off the face of the earth on Nov 1st with no new beta license or any license offering at all?
  • Thanks for getting back to me. Thing is supposed to be going GA Nov 1st if they decide no more beta testing is needed at least that's how I understand it, Are you telling me this thing is just going to fall off the face of the earth on Nov 1st with no new beta license or any license offering at all?

To answer a couple of recent questions:
    1. This week we will run a script which will change the expiry date of all Beta licenses to 5-Jan-2016. We appreciate the feedback receive from everyone and certainly don't want the license to expire before the official release date.
    2. The home license will use up to 4 cores and 6 GB of RAM. If you use compatible hardware that has more resources, Copernicus will simply use the first 4 cores / 6GB RAM.
  • To answer a couple of recent questions:
    1. This week we will run a script which will change the expiry date of all Beta licenses to 5-Jan-2016. We appreciate the feedback receive from everyone and certainly don't want the license to expire before the official release date.
    2. The home license will use up to 4 cores and 6 GB of RAM. If you use compatible hardware that has more resources, Copernicus will simply use the first 4 cores / 6GB RAM.

Well thats a breath of fresh air, I thought the answer I got was a little off beat. As for the new spec for the home use license that's a bit odd, I understand you need to cap something to protect the free license but y not just make it 2 cores and 8 GIGS of memory? We all know that you cant get two 3 GB sticks of memory so y the odd spec? Would it really make a world of difference on what the UTM would support? I think a lesser core count would make more of a difference then giving us 4 cores and only 6 Gig of memory. For most home users 2 cores and 8 Gigs of RAM would work and give Sophos better protection then the planed cap.