[ANSWERED] question about home licencing

Hi,
will a home user be able to use this version and will current home licence apply?

Ian M
Parents
  • I don't think you'll get much more IPS performance from a beefier box.  I'm running a quad-core VM with 8GB RAM and didn't get much performance with that upgraded from a Core2Duo single-purpose box.  It has to do with the Snort engine not capable of supporting multiple cores (unless multiple instances of Snort are run).  I've had some success not losing a whole bunch of throughput enabling rule age to be >12 mos.  

With Copernicus, I'm only seeing ~3MB/s throughput in speedtests.  I know they're not wholly accurate but that was pretty surprising to see.  I'll play with it more this week to see if I can do it just a little bit better. 

Overall, love the redesign and looking forward to the production service.  Hope they settle on 2C/8GB for the home license with no IP address restrictions (or maybe 75 or 100 limit) for the home license.  That'd be swell.
  • I don't think you'll get much more IPS performance from a beefier box.  I'm running a quad-core VM with 8GB RAM and didn't get much performance with that upgraded from a Core2Duo single-purpose box.  It has to do with the Snort engine not capable of supporting multiple cores (unless multiple instances of Snort are run).  I've had some success not losing a whole bunch of throughput enabling rule age to be >12 mos.  

With Copernicus, I'm only seeing ~3MB/s throughput in speedtests.  I know they're not wholly accurate but that was pretty surprising to see.  I'll play with it more this week to see if I can do it just a little bit better. 

Overall, love the redesign and looking forward to the production service.  Hope they settle on 2C/8GB for the home license with no IP address restrictions (or maybe 75 or 100 limit) for the home license.  That'd be swell.
Children
No Data