[ANSWERED] question about home licencing

Hi,
will a home user be able to use this version and will current home licence apply?

Ian M
Parents
  • I'm glad to see the acknowledgment that IP based licensing isn't cutting it anymore. I also understand where Sophos is coming from a 6GB RAM & two cores is a very powerful system. I run that at home on my exiting UTM vm and it's more then enough for home use. And yes, I am a geek who runs IP heavy on a fast DSL (soon to be fiber) connection.

Just looking at the UTM 220 & SG2x0 series that's basically what they're giving us for free. And given one company I support is running an UTM 220 at HQ w/ easily half a dozen RED's and full web filter, a free non-commercial license equivalent to a mid range appliance can be tempting to abuse.
  • I'm glad to see the acknowledgment that IP based licensing isn't cutting it anymore. I also understand where Sophos is coming from a 6GB RAM & two cores is a very powerful system. I run that at home on my exiting UTM vm and it's more then enough for home use. And yes, I am a geek who runs IP heavy on a fast DSL (soon to be fiber) connection.

Just looking at the UTM 220 & SG2x0 series that's basically what they're giving us for free. And given one company I support is running an UTM 220 at HQ w/ easily half a dozen RED's and full web filter, a free non-commercial license equivalent to a mid range appliance can be tempting to abuse.
Children
No Data