[ANSWERED] question about home licencing

Hi,
will a home user be able to use this version and will current home licence apply?

Ian M
Parents
  • yes, there will be a free home use license version of Copernicus available. We still strongly believe in making our product freely available for home use, and plan to make Copernicus also available for free home use. 
    The home use will be limited in the number of cores and RAM it supports, rather than the number of protected IPs, as well as message customization, but will include all features on the box.

• The home use will be limited in the number of cores and RAM it supports, rather than the number of protected IPs, as well as message customization, but will include all features on the box.

Would you have more guidance on how that would work?

I'm currently running the Home Edition on a SuperMicro A1SRi-2758F (8 cores and 8G RAM).  Absolutely more than I need, but I like nice hardware.

With the new license model, would the OS just not use a number of cores (if the license was for less than 8)?  Same with RAM?

Or, would I need to make this an ESXi box and create a VM to be within the core/ram limits.

• The home use will be limited in the number of cores and RAM it supports, rather than the number of protected IPs, as well as message customization, but will include all features on the box.

Would you have more guidance on how that would work?

I'm currently running the Home Edition on a SuperMicro A1SRi-2758F (8 cores and 8G RAM).  Absolutely more than I need, but I like nice hardware.

With the new license model, would the OS just not use a number of cores (if the license was for less than 8)?  Same with RAM?

Or, would I need to make this an ESXi box and create a VM to be within the core/ram limits.
Children
No Data