Trouble with VLAN setup

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. What I'd like to have setup is two VLANs...one for the business network, one for guest. I've done the basic install of the firewall and in WebAdmin, I've changed eth1 to a VLAN with a tag of 1 and created a second VLAN with a tag of 5. I wanted to keep the business VLAN as 1 because its the default VLAN for the switches (Linksys smart switches) and if I'm unavailable for some reason and a problem arises, someone can just swap out a switch without any technical knowledge (yes, it'd leave the guest network down but thats tolerable). Out of the box, I can get to WebAdmin just fine, I can ping the box (192.168.1.1) just fine. As soon as I switch it to VLAN1, I lose all connectivity to the box. Are there some kind of additional rules or something that needs to be setup/changed? The switches are at the defaults and that is the default VLAN is 1 and untagged with PVID set to 1. At a different client with a Sonicwall and Netgear switches this setup works great (and a second VLAN for guest). Any suggestions?
Parents Reply Children
No Data