Sphos UTM Firewall Essential license not licensing anything

Hello,

We wanted to use a "Firewall Essential" edition of UTM for an internal segment and therefore requested a license.

unfortunately, it seems that the license issued is unusable: all it has is "basic functionalities" and "endpoint security". If I check the license in the license management tool on my.astaro.com, it has all functionalities disabled.

How can I get a correct license ?

Edit: apparently, this is not a bug but a feature so the "Essential firewall" edition doesn't even has the "essential" part included (updates). What a disappointment [:(]
Parents
  • Thanks again for your answer.

I think that's a great suggestion - to offer a subscription for UP2Date service for an Essential Firewall. Since there's no anti-virus or Intrusion Prevention, there's no need for pattern updates.

I'm flabbergasted that it isn't part of the basic package. Again, what's the point of having an edge device as complex as Astaro that doesn't notify users of updates and doesn't provide an easy way to perform updates. No one would accept that for an anti-virus, even a free one, so in a software which only purpose's is to provide network security, that makes little sense.

Are you sure the DNS is limited in that way? I thought all 'Network Services' were included.

Yup: here is what's displayed on the DNS's "request routing" tab.

"Licensing Info - Request Routing is disabled as you do not have a subscription or your subscription is expired!"
  • Thanks again for your answer.

I think that's a great suggestion - to offer a subscription for UP2Date service for an Essential Firewall. Since there's no anti-virus or Intrusion Prevention, there's no need for pattern updates.

I'm flabbergasted that it isn't part of the basic package. Again, what's the point of having an edge device as complex as Astaro that doesn't notify users of updates and doesn't provide an easy way to perform updates. No one would accept that for an anti-virus, even a free one, so in a software which only purpose's is to provide network security, that makes little sense.

Are you sure the DNS is limited in that way? I thought all 'Network Services' were included.

Yup: here is what's displayed on the DNS's "request routing" tab.

"Licensing Info - Request Routing is disabled as you do not have a subscription or your subscription is expired!"
Children
No Data