Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

Port 119 traffic blocked (slow download)

Hi

I'am New to the board, and i am using the UTM 9 (free) for some time now, but now i run in to à problem
I have à software applience on à HP Proliant DL360 G5
The problem is that when i want to download from à newsgroup server on the Service NNTP (119), the speed is coming to à standstill or is drastically low.
On the config site i have the NNTP (119) in the default internal <> external masquerading 
Is there any way to solve this problem, i have searched on Google and i think it has something to do with IPS but I'm not sure. Can someone help me ?

Greets TheMarf
Parents
  • Hi,

My network running on a Cisco 3750 on a full 1000MBits / s

1. Try a large HTTP or FTP transfer and see how the performance is.
    ( An HTTP test was 100% success 6.9 Mb / s, and my ISP is 50 Mbit / s, so that's good)

2. Have you bypassed the firewall to make sure it isn't the NNTP server or network that is slow?
    ( A bypass, I can not run because I have to wait an hour on a Mac release of the ISP.
    And then, my customers are without service for more than 2 hours. )

3. please post your graphs from Reporting-Hardware; I want to see if your CPU, RAM, or SWAP usage are high.
    (I have some screenshots below of the hardware and the download. )
  • Hi,

My network running on a Cisco 3750 on a full 1000MBits / s

1. Try a large HTTP or FTP transfer and see how the performance is.
    ( An HTTP test was 100% success 6.9 Mb / s, and my ISP is 50 Mbit / s, so that's good)

2. Have you bypassed the firewall to make sure it isn't the NNTP server or network that is slow?
    ( A bypass, I can not run because I have to wait an hour on a Mac release of the ISP.
    And then, my customers are without service for more than 2 hours. )

3. please post your graphs from Reporting-Hardware; I want to see if your CPU, RAM, or SWAP usage are high.
    (I have some screenshots below of the hardware and the download. )
Children
No Data