Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

Port 119 traffic blocked (slow download)

Hi

I'am New to the board, and i am using the UTM 9 (free) for some time now, but now i run in to à problem
I have à software applience on à HP Proliant DL360 G5
The problem is that when i want to download from à newsgroup server on the Service NNTP (119), the speed is coming to à standstill or is drastically low.
On the config site i have the NNTP (119) in the default internal <> external masquerading 
Is there any way to solve this problem, i have searched on Google and i think it has something to do with IPS but I'm not sure. Can someone help me ?

Greets TheMarf
Parents
  • Hi Barry,

Sorry for the late response, but I am very busy at work to the problem. But it does not really work, I want to be sure that it is not a problem on the server.
    I will tomorrow and the day after running tests to rule out some things, if that's completed, I will inform you. This is because I can not imagine that the problem with the IPS. But the speed is still low, there are no more ports blocked for 119 in the firewall log anymore.

Greets TheMarf
  • Hi Barry,

Sorry for the late response, but I am very busy at work to the problem. But it does not really work, I want to be sure that it is not a problem on the server.
    I will tomorrow and the day after running tests to rule out some things, if that's completed, I will inform you. This is because I can not imagine that the problem with the IPS. But the speed is still low, there are no more ports blocked for 119 in the firewall log anymore.

Greets TheMarf
Children
No Data