Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

OpenVAS Scan of UTM9

Hi Folks,

Just trying out the UTM9 Software appliance on a Hyper-V VM Server/Network and so far am very impressed. I have just had the results back from an OpenVAS scan of the machine its installed on and its found just the one issue, but its potentially a fairly substantial one:

NVT: Malformed ICMP Packets May Cause a Denial of Service (SCTP)

Synopsis :
[url=http://oss.sgi.com/projects/netdev/archive/2005-07/msg00142.html]
It is possible to crash the remote host by sending it malformed ICMP packets. (Link to SGI)
[/url]

Is this a false positive on the UTM system? If it is I can safely exclude it from scans, if not, is there a supported workaround to disable SCTP?

Kind regards

Dom
Parents
  • Hi Bob,

Aha [:)]

Much appreciated, thought best to seek advice first before tinkering on the console (after all these things are designed to just work without hacking under the hood, which might I add it does very well thank you)

In that case, its spot on then. I did think...2.6.13 was somewhat old... given we are now on the 3.x series.

Dom
  • Hi Bob,

Aha [:)]

Much appreciated, thought best to seek advice first before tinkering on the console (after all these things are designed to just work without hacking under the hood, which might I add it does very well thank you)

In that case, its spot on then. I did think...2.6.13 was somewhat old... given we are now on the 3.x series.

Dom
Children
No Data