Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

Please Help, Essential Firewall multiple issues

About 2 years ago I setup my Astaro firewall at home and everything worked great, then about 3 weeks ago I lost a hard drive and of course I didn't make a backup of the settings, so now here I am trying to install and setup everything once again and I can't figure it out. I have v9 now on a p4 box with 1gb ram. 

Here is my network: 

cable internet coming to the sophos utm firewall box. (Internal ip: 192.168.5.100)

1gb network port going to a 5 port netgear 1gb switch.

1 Web/Database Server (internal ip: 192.168.5.50)

1 Wireless router on a different subnet (Internal ip: 192.168.5.5)

I have the wireless router setup as its own dhcp router with ip address range of: 192.168.2.1-192.168.2.254)

I have dyndns setup for the external ip address. 

Here is what I want:

I want port 80, and a few other ports (svn, ftp, and sql-server) to be open and to forward to the web server. I want all other incoming traffic to go to the wireless router. I have no desire to have the firewall block anything just send everything other than what I already said straight to the wireless router.  

I had all of this working before and I've spent two days now trying to get it to work and I cannot figure it out.  

I had created a network definition called wireless that had the ip address of 192.168.5.5. I then made a firewall rule that was any network - any service - wireless network.  That rule was ranked like 4th. I had 3 other rules that was external network - http - webserver (a server defenition I created) as well as Https, and port 1443.

I know I need to create some dnat rules as well but I'm not sure what exactly.  Can anyone help me?
Parents
  • Hi, 

1. create a DNAT for each service you want forwarded to the servers

2. try creating a DNAT for ANY to the router, but put this BELOW the other DNATs.
    Make sure you get the Interface right.

Note that doing a DNAT for ANY will mess up webadmin and all other functions on that interface, so you won't be able to use the SMTP proxy, etc.

I'm not really sure why you want to do things this way; it's not very secure.
    It would be better to use the router as an AP only, and not do NAT on it.
    If you need another network, add a NIC to the firewall and create a DMZ.

Barry
  • Hi, 

1. create a DNAT for each service you want forwarded to the servers

2. try creating a DNAT for ANY to the router, but put this BELOW the other DNATs.
    Make sure you get the Interface right.

Note that doing a DNAT for ANY will mess up webadmin and all other functions on that interface, so you won't be able to use the SMTP proxy, etc.

I'm not really sure why you want to do things this way; it's not very secure.
    It would be better to use the router as an AP only, and not do NAT on it.
    If you need another network, add a NIC to the firewall and create a DMZ.

Barry
Children
No Data