Need some help testing this with Virtualbox

I've downloaded and imported the appliance into Virtualbox, I checked its network config, the first adapter (LAN) is setup as internal network and the second one (WAN) as NAT.

Now if I understand correctly, internal network with VB means its only accessible from another VM attached to the same network so I am struggling to access the interface from my host.

Any hints?
Parents
  • I've downloaded and imported the appliance into Virtualbox, I checked its network config, the first adapter (LAN) is setup as internal network and the second one (WAN) as NAT.

Now if I understand correctly, internal network with VB means its only accessible from another VM attached to the same network so I am struggling to access the interface from my host.

Any hints?

The easiest way, and this is pending host system resources, is to simply build another VM as a client machine.  This new clients machine will have one NiC and attached to the Host Only Adapter.

You will need to change the primary NiC on the SFOS Beta to be Host Only rather than Internal Network; well, this is how I do it.  I isolate my clients VMs, forcing them to another guest, in this case being SFOS, on the same Host Only network.

==

When in doubt, Script it out.

• I've downloaded and imported the appliance into Virtualbox, I checked its network config, the first adapter (LAN) is setup as internal network and the second one (WAN) as NAT.

Any hints?

The easiest way, and this is pending host system resources, is to simply build another VM as a client machine.  This new clients machine will have one NiC and attached to the Host Only Adapter.

You will need to change the primary NiC on the SFOS Beta to be Host Only rather than Internal Network; well, this is how I do it.  I isolate my clients VMs, forcing them to another guest, in this case being SFOS, on the same Host Only network.

==

When in doubt, Script it out.

Children
No Data