First Impressions and Feedback

First off, yes I understand that it is new and will take time to learn where everything is in the New UI.

The New UI and Menus
I agree completely with a previous comment that this UI was designed by Graphic Designers, not by System Admins. It is very pretty, but not extremely functional. Everything is scattered around the new menu system. It definitely doesn't keep in line with the Sophos Slogan "Security Made Simple".  I'm not saying go back to the old UI, but the designers should really sit down with a day to day network admin for input.

Wireless in the New UI
An example of how the UI seems scattered. I had to 3 different sections and 4 different screen to enable wireless, setup an SSID, add a Wireless AP and then create a Group to assign the SSID.  Not very intuitive at all.

Network Interfaces
First - It would be nice to be able to rename them from Port A, Port B, etc.  Renaming them to something that makes sense would be better.  Local LAN, Internet 1, Internet 2, etc.

Second - DHCP on the Interfaces doesn't have an option to refresh the DHCP on the Interface.  You have to edit and save the Interface or reboot.

Third - We lost the ability to turn off the Interfaces.  This is used when troubleshooting or testing.

User Portal
On a positive note I really like the New User Portal.  However, it is missing an initial welcome screen.

Alerts
There doesn't seem to be a way to clear/acknowledge alerts right now.  Which leaves us with a constant warning about "HTTPS-based management is allowed from the WAN"

Just starting to really dig into the functionality of the New OS.  Thanks for letting us pick it apart.
Parents Reply Children
No Data