HA in an existing VPC

I'm trying to deploy this in front of a bunch of existing stacks, in an existing VPC, is there a way that we can to deploy the HA template in an existing VPC? [:S] Also, it would be nice to be able to define the subnets that it will be using.

Any help would be appreciated.
Parents
  • I was about to post about this myself, but it looks like you beat me to it.

As it stands, the instructions just don't work at all - whether or not you're using a new VPC. Just like this thread, the cloud formation is always failing with the error "AMI cannot be described". I'm worried Sophos isn't paying much attention to whether or not this solution works or if it can actually be used in customer environments.

Anyway, to add my own questions/comments in addition to Xipher's:

1. How do you define the subnets to use, as Xipher mentioned? Without this, you can't tell the cloud stack what your public subnets are (or control the AZ the instances are placed in - currently hard coded to east coast zones).

2. Does the HA solution only support a single Elastic IP? What about scenarios where multiple elastic IP's are mapped to different IP addresses owned by the UTM?

3. What about instance size? It seems the HA template hard codes an m3.medium system, what if a different size is required?

Also, if the response is "go figure out how to write/test your own cloud stack formation template, you can use ours as a starting point", then can we get some documentation to go with the template? Reading the json and testing yourself is a long road.
  • I was about to post about this myself, but it looks like you beat me to it.

As it stands, the instructions just don't work at all - whether or not you're using a new VPC. Just like this thread, the cloud formation is always failing with the error "AMI cannot be described". I'm worried Sophos isn't paying much attention to whether or not this solution works or if it can actually be used in customer environments.

Anyway, to add my own questions/comments in addition to Xipher's:

1. How do you define the subnets to use, as Xipher mentioned? Without this, you can't tell the cloud stack what your public subnets are (or control the AZ the instances are placed in - currently hard coded to east coast zones).

2. Does the HA solution only support a single Elastic IP? What about scenarios where multiple elastic IP's are mapped to different IP addresses owned by the UTM?

3. What about instance size? It seems the HA template hard codes an m3.medium system, what if a different size is required?

Also, if the response is "go figure out how to write/test your own cloud stack formation template, you can use ours as a starting point", then can we get some documentation to go with the template? Reading the json and testing yourself is a long road.
Children
No Data