Wireless Access

Hi,

i am looking at setting up the guest access on my ap and running through my 625 but how can i apply filter policies to this and restrict the sites my users can access? 

Cheers

Phil
Parents
  • Phil requested my document, and it does recommend "Transparent" mode for the Guest network.  This isn't because it's easier, it's because it allows using the 'Transparent mode skiplist' to ensure that "Internal (Network)" can't be reached via the proxy.  In "Standard" mode, the Guests could manipulate their own settings in their browser proxy configuration.

Phil, one thing the document assumes is that you've already added "Guest (Network)" to 'Allowed networks' on the 'Global' tab of 'HTTP/S'.  I don't know that that's needed now, but, at one point, a network had to be allowed globally in order for it to be available for the profiles.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Phil requested my document, and it does recommend "Transparent" mode for the Guest network.  This isn't because it's easier, it's because it allows using the 'Transparent mode skiplist' to ensure that "Internal (Network)" can't be reached via the proxy.  In "Standard" mode, the Guests could manipulate their own settings in their browser proxy configuration.

Phil, one thing the document assumes is that you've already added "Guest (Network)" to 'Allowed networks' on the 'Global' tab of 'HTTP/S'.  I don't know that that's needed now, but, at one point, a network had to be allowed globally in order for it to be available for the profiles.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data