manual pin entry

Is there a way to make the pin entry totally automatic? I have a need for this on a computer that will remain in a remote area and need the secure client to make a connection without a human to type in the pin.
Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks.
    The problem is this, the remote machines are 240 and they are around whole Panama. They are giving a robotic service (without human intervention) and using the VPN client to connect to central site. It is possible use RDP but they are too many and sometimes far. The idea is to get a remote procedure to "remenber" or store the PIN of certificates X509 inside the client or the gateway. Do you know how to "remember" the PIN for a certificate?
    I know, it is not the idea about to use the certificate PIN but it is a requirement from the customer.
    Thanks again.
  • I don´t know any way to enter the PIN in the Client automatically, because it would be a security risk.

If you want to do it anyway it i would use an automation tool like AutoIT

AutoIt v3 - Downloads

With this tool you can compile executable files to run on your PCs.

Here is a little Script that would do that. It activates the Astaro Client Windows, then presses alt-n, then c (for connect), then it waits for the pin window to pop up, sends the pin 1234 and presses the ok button.

------

; Select Client
    WinActivate("Astaro Secure Client")
    WinWaitActive("Astaro Secure Client")

; PIN
    Send("!n")
    sleep(500)
    Send("c")
    sleep(50)
    WinWaitActive("Enter PIN")
    Send("1234")
    sleep(50)