maybe a dns problem with asc

is anyone aware of dns-problems with the asc v.8 on winxp systems? i have tried to install the asc v.8 on a winxp system according to the howto-guide in astaro's documentation section. installation works fine, connect as a roadwarrior to asl too. however, once the client is installed, dns-resolving for the browsers (installed ms internet explorer and firefox) seems to be hindered. 

i have tried to do nslookup on the console, to no avail. pinging servers on the internet under their respective ip-adresses worked, but not under their respective urls (e.g. www.heise.de). once i removed the asc from the system, everything  went back to normal. 

does anyone have an idea?

cheers, 

nick
Parents Reply
  • hi medic, 

as a matter of fact, i have neither activated the client-side firewall nor the personal firewall which is installed on my pc, since i suspected as much. 

from what i understand, the rules on asl should not be the problem, since i was not trying to use the internet while connected to the asl, but was trying once i had terminated the connection to it. 

cheers, 
    nick
Children
No Data