[8.290][NOTABUG][CLOSED] Timeout web usage report

See attached screenshot.

The ASG220 latest revision goes into timeout everytime I try to dig in web usage report results, I can pres "wait 30 seconds more" as many times as I want. The appliance is non responsive for several minutes and then wakes up again but does not deliver til result.

In the screenshots I want to see who used youtube alot.
Parents
  • Interesting thread. Now that I'm back at a real keyboard, I can be a little less curt!

As a guy invovled with it since it was called SEQUEL [:)], I don't think I've ever seen anything that couldn't be improved.  Often, the only improvement avaiilale after a really-gifted SQL guy has done his magic is to go back to the underlying database structure.  If we were closer, Kai, I think I could win a beer off you. [;)]

Vels, try looking in the System messages log to see if you're getting errors about missing columns in the relational database (don't remember the exact wording).

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

If we were closer, Kai, I think I could win a beer off you.

if you ever happen to be here in Germany, I promise i spend a beer, unrelated to the SQL discussion here. If you manage to read and understand the whole stuff in less than an hour, I'll buy another one. And if you then can point your finger at something that gives us a real performance boost (not just 0.5% or 5%), I'll buy a frame.

OFF-TOPIC
    As you mentioned SEQUEL,  I'm a little bit curious: what was your first Database system?

Cheers,
    Kai
  • Hi Bob,

If we were closer, Kai, I think I could win a beer off you.

if you ever happen to be here in Germany, I promise i spend a beer, unrelated to the SQL discussion here. If you manage to read and understand the whole stuff in less than an hour, I'll buy another one. And if you then can point your finger at something that gives us a real performance boost (not just 0.5% or 5%), I'll buy a frame.

OFF-TOPIC
    As you mentioned SEQUEL,  I'm a little bit curious: what was your first Database system?

Cheers,
    Kai
Children
No Data