[CONFIRMED] [7.360] Upgrade not working ?

Hi

think I went too quickly for upgrade [:(] after things seems to be frozen for 2 minutes I did a reboot with an ASG 120... now I still at 7.350 and no more upgrade to 7.360..

I was stuck onto the attached snapshot...

I forgot what to do to reset upgrade stuff ?

thx
  • ok trick worked for me.. 7.360 is now up and running..
  • Here's where I'm at. The u2d package downloaded again and was advertised as available. I clicked on the install now button, then began getting repeated errors about losing connection to the backend. Not so good. 

I'd think I'd be best served by doing a fresh install of 350 and then going from there.

Edit: OK, I rebooted once again, then cheated and downloaded the u2d from the ftp and uploaded through WebAdmin. It installed this time, with one oddity. Had the progress window open and it stopped at 98%, the first four steps were green (through Post-Stop phase), then it did the auto-reboot, so no further progress updates.  At least I got the thing updated though.

...still have a v5 install disk in a box somewhere.

http://xkcd.com
    http://www.tedgoff.com/mb
    http://www.projectcartoon.com/cartoon/1
  • Hi

think I went too quickly for upgrade [:(] after things seems to be frozen for 2 minutes I did a reboot with an ASG 120... now I still at 7.350 and no more upgrade to 7.360..

I was stuck onto the attached snapshot...

I forgot what to do to reset upgrade stuff ?

thx

I can confirm your experience. Upgraded 2 ASG HW appliances and for both the up2date  broke at the same step - the openvpn rpm installation

Installing rpm package: kernel-default-2.6.16.62-94.i686.rpm               OK
        Installing rpm package: chroot-ipsec-7.3-27.i686.rpm                       OK
        Installing rpm package: ctsyncd-0.9.3-10.i686.rpm                          OK
        Installing rpm package: chroot-openvpn-7.3-45.i686.rpm                     Failed!

##################
    2008-12-03 22:12:01.777 AN ERROR OCCURED auisys[5615]: Internal::Systemstep::real_installation:2296()
    | Failed installing RPM (command: 'rpm -U --force --nodeps /var/up2date//sys-install/u2d-sys-7.360/rpms/chroot-openvpn-7.3-45.i686.rpm')

##################
    2008-12-03 22:12:01.782 AN ERROR OCCURED auisys[5615]: Internal::Systemstep::real_installation:2297()
    | Error details:
    |  (stdout):$VAR1 = [];
    |  (stderr):$VAR1 = [
    |           'warning: can\'t chown /var/sec/chroot-openvpn/proc/self (Operation not permitted)
    | ',
    |           'error: unpacking of archive failed on file /var/sec/chroot-openvpn/proc/self: cpio: chmod failed - Operation not permitted
    | '
    |         ];
        Installing rpm package: ulogd-2.0.1-14.i686.rpm                            OK
        Installing rpm package: savapi3-7.3-12.i686.rpm                            OK
        Installing rpm package: chroot-http-7.3-68.i686.rpm                        OK
  • Is the progress window part of a successful 7.360 upgrade, or should I be seeing it in 7.350? I'm flying blind at the moment.. even the live logs aren't giving me any clues as to what's going on behind the scenes... :-(
  • It's part of the 7.350, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see it when doing the up2date (old installer needed to update the installer [:P]).

About the "Running syncing step 1" in the post-stop phase:
    The installer only knows that a phase was completed if a command in a higher phase is executed. So if there is nothing to do in a phase, it will not be marked as completed until another operation in the next phase has been done. If there are multiple phases where nothing is left to be done, it looks like the progress you did see. With the current coloring scheme, it is not possible to see which phase is currently active, because it looks grey like all phases that were not started yet.

The reason why there was nothing to be done, not even in the install phase, is that the installer became smarter. Previously, if the up2date installation failed in between like it did for you with the openvpn package, you would have had to do the old "--rpmargs --force" on the commandline. With the new installer, you can just re-run the installation from the webadmin. The installer will detect any RPMs that have already been installed successfully, and not try to re-install them (and therefore probably shortening the installation phase considerably). 

Cheers,
     andreas