Timing problems using a astaro-vmware

my vmware Astaro losts some hours per day against the host-System.
Timeproblems are well known using Linux-Hosts and VMware-Server.
My problem:
1)
NTP should help a little bit but I don t fine an option to configure how often ntp should check the time
2)
Is there a general solution?
Suse Guest are working with a perfect timing.

Thanks for hints
Parents
  • do you use our vmware virtual appliances or the software installation.?

Which VMware Server are you using?
  • If you are not using the Astaro VMWare image, you will have problems, as the VMWare-tools are not present in the standard image, nor can they be added easily (you need the compiler and other tools to install VMWare-tools on a Linux system; Astaro, for security reasons, I'm sure, does not include this tools in the standard distribution).  I have several Astaro VMWare instances deployed, none exhibit a time-loss problem.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• If you are not using the Astaro VMWare image, you will have problems, as the VMWare-tools are not present in the standard image, nor can they be added easily (you need the compiler and other tools to install VMWare-tools on a Linux system; Astaro, for security reasons, I'm sure, does not include this tools in the standard distribution).  I have several Astaro VMWare instances deployed, none exhibit a time-loss problem.

I made a fresh installation with the latest Astaro VMware-Image.
    Same problem:
    The virtual Astaro losts 15 Seconds per Minute.
    Timing-Problems are well know using VMware-Server but all other virtual system on the same same server are working perfect.

Any hints?

Ralf Prengel
  • IIRC, VMWare Workstation on Windows has a setting to control the clock differently in case of problems. Maye be same setting exists in Server?

Barry
  • IIRC, VMWare Workstation on Windows has a setting to control the clock differently in case of problems. Maye be same setting exists in Server?

Barry

Gnarff
    changing timesysc from FALSE to TRUE in the vmx File was the solution.
    Now the system is working perfect.

Thanks for al hints
Reply Children
No Data