Timing problems using a astaro-vmware

my vmware Astaro losts some hours per day against the host-System.
Timeproblems are well known using Linux-Hosts and VMware-Server.
My problem:
1)
NTP should help a little bit but I don t fine an option to configure how often ntp should check the time
2)
Is there a general solution?
Suse Guest are working with a perfect timing.

Thanks for hints
Parents
  • do you use our vmware virtual appliances or the software installation.?

Which VMware Server are you using?
  • If you are not using the Astaro VMWare image, you will have problems, as the VMWare-tools are not present in the standard image, nor can they be added easily (you need the compiler and other tools to install VMWare-tools on a Linux system; Astaro, for security reasons, I'm sure, does not include this tools in the standard distribution).  I have several Astaro VMWare instances deployed, none exhibit a time-loss problem.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• If you are not using the Astaro VMWare image, you will have problems, as the VMWare-tools are not present in the standard image, nor can they be added easily (you need the compiler and other tools to install VMWare-tools on a Linux system; Astaro, for security reasons, I'm sure, does not include this tools in the standard distribution).  I have several Astaro VMWare instances deployed, none exhibit a time-loss problem.

I made a fresh installation with the latest Astaro VMware-Image.
    Same problem:
    The virtual Astaro losts 15 Seconds per Minute.
    Timing-Problems are well know using VMware-Server but all other virtual system on the same same server are working perfect.

Any hints?

Ralf Prengel

I made a fresh installation with the latest Astaro VMware-Image.
    Same problem:
    The virtual Astaro losts 15 Seconds per Minute.
    Timing-Problems are well know using VMware-Server but all other virtual system on the same same server are working perfect.

Any hints?

Ralf Prengel
Children