Forum admins...do you know vb 3.8.6 is now end of life and is a security threat?

It's time to move on..update to a newer version AND fix app access and android access.
Parents
  • Hence I'd like to know more about moderation here
    Here, there are no active moderators that are Sophos employees.  I'm a former Astaro/Sophos employee, but was a mod way before then.  The rest of the mods are either resellers or end-users who met the sole criteria of assisting others long term on a regular basis.  There haven't been any new mods added from the community in a few years, as the ones who picked them, the founders of Astaro, are long gone.

We may not migrate old content. Is there a safe cut off date? For example if we only migrated a maximum of X years (say three) would that cause problems?
    Three to four years would be good.

We may not migrate old and inactive user accounts. If you haven't logged in in a year or so you may need to re-register.
    That works.  The user database needs a good purging.

...still have a v5 install disk in a box somewhere.

http://xkcd.com
    http://www.tedgoff.com/mb
    http://www.projectcartoon.com/cartoon/1
  • Here, there are no active moderators that are Sophos employees.  I'm a former Astaro/Sophos employee, but was a mod way before then.  The rest of the mods are either resellers or end-users who met the sole criteria of assisting others long term on a regular basis.  There haven't been any new mods added from the community in a few years, as the ones who picked them, the founders of Astaro, are long gone.

Uhm, no. There are many active mods from Sophos Network Security Group (NSG business unit, the former Astaro within Sophos), also some of them have been added in the past few years. For example tinkerbell and the previous Beta forum mod. Or myself, I was added a few months after I joined Astaro (even though I quit beginning last month). And there are many other examples.

But there never was an 'official rule' for employees to monitor or post to the forum (except for Betas). IMO that's part of the problem, Sophos NSG has: Lots of issues that were posted here but not picked up and fixed. [:(]
  • Here, there are no active moderators that are Sophos employees.  I'm a former Astaro/Sophos employee, but was a mod way before then.  The rest of the mods are either resellers or end-users who met the sole criteria of assisting others long term on a regular basis.  There haven't been any new mods added from the community in a few years, as the ones who picked them, the founders of Astaro, are long gone.

Uhm, no. There are many active mods from Sophos Network Security Group (NSG business unit, the former Astaro within Sophos), also some of them have been added in the past few years. For example tinkerbell and the previous Beta forum mod. Or myself, I was added a few months after I joined Astaro (even though I quit beginning last month). And there are many other examples.

But there never was an 'official rule' for employees to monitor or post to the forum (except for Betas). IMO that's part of the problem, Sophos NSG has: Lots of issues that were posted here but not picked up and fixed. [:(]
Children
No Data