Spam on UserBB

Hello, 
Recently I noticed a lot of spammers in Astaro forums. Is there a way to avoid this? I don't know if it's possible to limit the number of posts in a day of new entry users. Googleing I found this article: Cyb - Advanced Permissions Based on Post Count - vBulletin.org Forum

please take in consideration its implementation [:)]
Parents
  • I wrote this idea elsewhere, but perhaps this thread is the right place:

Today I registered an account in another vBulletin forum and I discovered that they denies to post messages with links in case you are a new user... it could help to decrease the spam in Astaro forums...

PS: this mod have at least one bug: it does not accept also internal urls, it means that also smiles are forbidden for beginners. But it should be easy to change its behaviour modifing source code...
  • I wrote this idea elsewhere, but perhaps this thread is the right place:

Today I registered an account in another vBulletin forum and I discovered that they denies to post messages with links in case you are a new user... it could help to decrease the spam in Astaro forums...

PS: this mod have at least one bug: it does not accept also internal urls, it means that also smiles are forbidden for beginners. But it should be easy to change its behaviour modifing source code...
Children
No Data