Manage XG with Central

Can see we can now op for this but cant find where to acknowledge the request anywhere within Central :)

Good work guys, great to get to play with .5!

Kind regards

James

Parents Reply Children
  • Dear Stuart

I have Relogged to central am getting my firewall UI. But after username and password I am getting Login in disclaimer and when I accept it , i am again getting login UI.

No improvement sir.

BR

Vishvas

• We need to check your account. You should not be seeing a UI login screen at all - thats what SSO is for 

Leave this with me please, and thanks for your patience.

Stu

• Hi Vishavas,

This issue was recently reported. The login disclaimer currently breaks the session handling during login, when it's enabled, and will be addressed in an update. 

• Dear Alan

I have disabled the Login disclaimer settings then Central Manage is working.

Thanks for update.

BR

Vishvas

• Dear Stuart

I have to kill everyday this process  ssod            10473  1396 root     87768  1992 S    ssod -f /cfs/ssod.conf .

Please help.

BR

Vishvas

• issues related to the tunnel to central not reliably being established should all be fixed in the next 17.5 update, and we'll make some improvements in the next central update in a couple weeks. in the mean time, here are a few things to try, if you're seeing a "Something went wrong" popup:

Troubleshooting SSO not working, “Something went wrong” error

You might still get an error the first time you try to sso into the firewall. Just wait 10-20 second, and try again, while the firewall establishes a connection to Central.

If it still fails after waiting some time, there are known issues around SSO currently, and primarily it can happen if the SSO daemon doesn’t restart properly. If that’s the problem, it’s just a matter of killing the ssod process, and letting it restart when needed:

Kill the ssod process (At the time of opening Firewall, it will start again)
    1. Login to the ssh shell of the firewall, then select options 5, then 3, to open the advanced shell.
    2. Run the following command to find the ssod process ID:
    ps -w | grep ssod
    3. You should see something like this, and in the
    4. Example below, the process ID is '12345'ssod 12345 4312 root 83672 2044 R ssod -f /cfs/ssod.conf
    5. Then type the following, replacing ‘12345’ with the number you find from the above command:
    kill 12345
    6. Alternately, rebooting the firewall will also resolve this problem, but will be more disruptive.

Finally, you can also try re-registering your firewall with Central,
    1. Login to the firewall, and on the Central Synchronization page, click De-Register.
    2. Then, re-register it with Sophos Central, entering your credentials, and waiting for the process to complete
    3. Enable firewall management
    4. In Sophos Central, click Accept Management