Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

Moving back from 18.5 MR1 to 19 EAP1 - Configuration are lost

I moved back to 18.5 MR1 because of AP15 issue. Now, I decided to move back to 19 EAP1, and all the configuration I have made on 18.5MR1 are lost. DHCP does not show logs, for example. I previously create AP15 as host and it is not there. I deleted the AP15, Wireless networks and these changes are back again.

This is a normal behavior?

Parents
  • Did you migrate or did you simply boot on EAP1? 

If you "go back" in the Firmware, the firmware on the inactive slot will freeze and not be used. If you boot again this version, it will move to the other slot, but not migrate the configuration. You would need to upload a firmware and migrate the existing configuration. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Did you migrate or did you simply boot on EAP1? 

If you "go back" in the Firmware, the firmware on the inactive slot will freeze and not be used. If you boot again this version, it will move to the other slot, but not migrate the configuration. You would need to upload a firmware and migrate the existing configuration. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Children