EAP 2 - Ram Utilisation

Dear All, 

my system has 4 GB of RAM and with EAP2, memory utilisation is 84%. 

Sophos: is this the normal or what you expect for such a system?

Thanks

Parents
  • My RAM usage is around 39% in EAP 2. On Sophos XG Home, 8GB on system -  6GB usable.

After i found out Snort on XG supported hyperscan, and my NIC chipset also supported, I've decided to give it a try. RAM usage has lowered in 1GB after this change.

If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Ryzen 5600U + I226-V (KVM) v21 EAP @ Home

Sophos ZTNA (KVM) @ Home

• Prism said:

My RAM usage is around 39% in EAP 2. On Sophos XG Home, 8GB on system -  6GB usable.

After i found out Snort on XG supported hyperscan, and my NIC chipset also supported, I've decided to give it a try. RAM usage has lowered in 1GB after this change.

How come you're limited to 6GB usable? I'm on a Sophos XG Home license as well but with EAP, I'm able to utilize all 8GB.

How do you enable hyperscan?

---

Sophos XG guides for home users: https://shred086.wordpress.com/

• shred said:
    How come you're limited to 6GB usable? I'm on a Sophos XG Home license as well but with EAP, I'm able to utilize all 8GB.

By default the Home License is limited to 6GB of ram, but apparently on EAP there's no RAM or CPU Limit, since i has able to use 8C/16GB on a VM.

shred said:

If you have a Intel CPU and Intel NIC, you can enable it by running: "set ips search-method hyperscan" In the XG Console.

And then check if it has enable with: "show ips-settings"

There has a noticeable performance improvement with it, and also an huge RAM usage decreased by Snort. Which are both expected with Hyperscan.

Sophos ZTNA (KVM) @ Home

• shred said:

By default the Home License is limited to 6GB of ram, but apparently on EAP there's no RAM or CPU Limit, since i has able to use 8C/16GB on a VM.

shred said:

If you have a Intel CPU and Intel NIC, you can enable it by running: "set ips search-method hyperscan" In the XG Console.

And then check if it has enable with: "show ips-settings"

There has a noticeable performance improvement with it, and also an huge RAM usage decreased by Snort. Which are both expected with Hyperscan.

Sophos ZTNA (KVM) @ Home

Children