v18 was supposed to introduce a new core. Anyone noticed anything different regarding this ?

v18 was supposed to introduce a new OS core.  Anyone noticed anything different regarding this ?

A new core should be as evident as an elephant having a shower in your bathroom, no ?

Paul Jr 

Parents
  • Hello Big_Buck,

I agree, I also lack any information on this topic from developers. I would expect more information too.

But might it was just a fog or a fairy tale for little kids for good night?!

;-)

Regards

alda

P.S. To Luk, do you know something about a new kernel in XG v18?

• No Alda. It seems that everything on the top level is the same...I am not sure that someone will confirm/unconfirm this from Sophos side. Let's see!

To capture user attention, make sure to use @ and you put the name of the person. Formally I am . From friends, Luk!

Regards

• Paul,

not on my side. I am quite busy these days to spend time on XG. I should install a v17 and compare things on the boxes but it is a waste of time. I am not paid for that.

I am disappointed too with this version and an official document from Sophos could help on what really changed in this release. Personally, I am still waiting for the list of fixes in the refresh 1 v18, but silence "reign" here.

Since the history, this was a community where the vendor was very transparent. Hiding things does not help at all. Other communities are not so open but this is the same thing Open source vs COTS SW.

The power of open is sharing. I am not happy with this version since things are still working and "they are built on pins".

We are waiting for Logging and reporting modules, which are the eyes of every firewall since v15 and the situation is still unknown.

More than be here, share our idea, trying to help and sometimes even ungry for closing or removing comments, (all for free), tell me if this is not passion.

• Paul,

not on my side. I am quite busy these days to spend time on XG. I should install a v17 and compare things on the boxes but it is a waste of time. I am not paid for that.

I am disappointed too with this version and an official document from Sophos could help on what really changed in this release. Personally, I am still waiting for the list of fixes in the refresh 1 v18, but silence "reign" here.

Since the history, this was a community where the vendor was very transparent. Hiding things does not help at all. Other communities are not so open but this is the same thing Open source vs COTS SW.

The power of open is sharing. I am not happy with this version since things are still working and "they are built on pins".

We are waiting for Logging and reporting modules, which are the eyes of every firewall since v15 and the situation is still unknown.

More than be here, share our idea, trying to help and sometimes even ungry for closing or removing comments, (all for free), tell me if this is not passion.

Children
No Data