v18 was supposed to introduce a new core. Anyone noticed anything different regarding this ?

v18 was supposed to introduce a new OS core.  Anyone noticed anything different regarding this ?

A new core should be as evident as an elephant having a shower in your bathroom, no ?

Paul Jr 

Parents
  • A rewrite was one of the things that had me really looking forward to v18. I was cautious yet optimistic when all the promises were being made as a lot of promises are always made when the next version is due. I don't use XG anymore but was curious to see v18 (due to old astaro brand loyalty). Only sophos knows their internal sales numbers but I think they are probably ok since they keep offering very similar product with good ad campaigns every version.

Regards
    Bill

• Yeah, I'd have to say so far I am pretty disappointed in this as well.  It seems like the same old same old.  Don't get me wrong, there are some interesting new features tacked on, but that's what they appear to be; tacked on.  Logging is still dreadful.  Still can't do DHCPv6-PD, and on and on.

Reply Children
No Data