REPORT - testing of IPv6 in EAP1

Hi folks,

today I had time to start testing IPv6 functionality in EAP1.

1/. enabled DHCP - unable to see the assigned IPv6 addresses, field too small, unable to see the DUIDs field too small

2/. still requires a NAT

3/. SSL/TLS does not work with IPv6 - disabling the proxy settings, nothing showed in the logviewer for IPv6.

4/ something broke within the XG because after changing firewall rules and then restoring by adding ports to them I no longer had IPv6 being detected.

Ian

Parents
  • Hi Ian,

It seems that I still have issues with IPv6:

• The XG seems to be sending the proper IPv6 addresses to the local network via DHCP.  
    • I can access the XG with its IPv6 address.  
    • The XG seems to connect properly with the ISP via IPv6 and gets the proper info.  Connection is shown as "green".
    • I still cannot connect to the internet via IPv6.
    • The IPv6 NAT rules show that they've been recently used.

One seemingly odd thing that I've noticed is that the connected devices show the connected gateway as the IPv4 of the XG that I set but they show the IPv6 address as a link-local address.  I would think that this should show as the IPv6 address that I set on the XG.  Could it be that they are not using the correct IPv6 gateway?

This is with EAP1.

My IPv6 setup working fine under XG 17.

Best regards,

• Hi Ian,

It seems that I still have issues with IPv6:

• The XG seems to be sending the proper IPv6 addresses to the local network via DHCP.  
    • I can access the XG with its IPv6 address.  
    • The XG seems to connect properly with the ISP via IPv6 and gets the proper info.  Connection is shown as "green".
    • I still cannot connect to the internet via IPv6.
    • The IPv6 NAT rules show that they've been recently used.

One seemingly odd thing that I've noticed is that the connected devices show the connected gateway as the IPv4 of the XG that I set but they show the IPv6 address as a link-local address.  I would think that this should show as the IPv6 address that I set on the XG.  Could it be that they are not using the correct IPv6 gateway?

This is with EAP1.

My IPv6 setup working fine under XG 17.

Best regards,

Children