Dear Sophos I'm very sorry...

I work for and am a influencer and approver for a multi million dollar company with thousands of employees and endpoints. I was actually changing my mind for the positive about you as a company after the fiasco that was your AV and web filtering appliances many years ago. These acquisitions you have made seemed to make your product better.. Demos you have provided us looked decent and while I feel the pricing was a bit much you were in the consideration.. But after seeing the total mess you have made of SBIE and lack of caring or honest and timely answers there is just no way I can suggest our company move forward with the purchase of your product. I'm sure you won't feel the ~500K bump in the road your losing but I feel like I'd be putting my company at risk with you based on the actions or lack of actions I see here. I'll be sure and let your sales guys know "I'm working on it", for the next few months.  I'd be surprised if this post lasts long but hey censorship for things we don't like!

Parents Reply
  • Seth Geftic said:

The technical issues were more significant than a quick fix, but there were non-technical issues that have impacted the timeline as well. I can go into more detail when we post our next official update. 

Ok I was willing to allow for some inkling things might get better and not jump on your case but geez its now been 2 weeks later after your "coming soon" announcement promise (not counting the multiple previous ones) with still nothing, except empty promises.. I was really hoping this would be a spinoff or sale announcement. That is honestly the only thing I can say should legitimately be taking this long..

Children
  • If it is neither a sale/spinoff nor a pending bankruptcy nor a release of the code to open source, all of which would require legal work which can take a long time, then it is one of the weirdest things I have ever witnessed in my business life.

If it actually IS a computer related problem as has been stated, I would be dumbfounded.  That reason sounds like science fiction.  Starting to wonder if we will ever know.

• I can assure you its not pending bankruptcy.  I am very sorry for the delay, there are indeed some non-technical issues holding us up. Every time I think we're ready to announce another snag pops up forcing a delay.  I should not have set the expectation that we'd be ready to share our plans earlier as clearly I was off base, please accept my apologies.