This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

125W internal access point channel stuck on auto

Hi there,

I have a SG 125W and an external AP-15 configured with internal and guest SSID's.

The AP-15 works fine I can manually set the channel to the required channel correctly and users are able to connect and the system works very well.

When I enable the internal AP on set it to use the existing SSID's the only channel option is AUTO.
When AUTO is selected all users connecting to the device get an authentication error as if the WPA2 password is incorrect.

Unticking the internal AP from using the SSID's resolves the issue but then leaves it disabled.

Is this a known issue (as in it DOESN'T WORK) or is there a fix?

Regards,

Doz

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Doz,

Can you please post the screenshot of configurations? Meanwhile, I will test in on my SG-W series. :)

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Which config screen ?

The SSId's are staff and guest - guest is Internet access only using the "Seperate zone" and DHCP from the UTM on 172.x.x.x

The current config works with an AP-15 but not with the internal 125W AP. SSID encryption - is WPA2 PSK with TKIP+AES for both guest and staff.

The AP-15 works on "auto" channel correctly, it's just an issue with the 125W AP really. 

Signal strength is fine etc, but when connecting the client device gets an authentication error and the logs indicate a deauth due to timeout.

Any ideas?

Doz

• Which config screen ?

The SSId's are staff and guest - guest is Internet access only using the "Seperate zone" and DHCP from the UTM on 172.x.x.x

The current config works with an AP-15 but not with the internal 125W AP. SSID encryption - is WPA2 PSK with TKIP+AES for both guest and staff.

The AP-15 works on "auto" channel correctly, it's just an issue with the 125W AP really. 

Signal strength is fine etc, but when connecting the client device gets an authentication error and the logs indicate a deauth due to timeout.

Any ideas?

Doz

Children
No Data