Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WAF with Exchange 2016

Has anyone managed to get exchange 2016 working with WAF.

i have followed the instructions for 2013 but it's just not connecting.

Anyone got it to work?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I have followed the WAF/Exchange KB article but running into issues with the web mail form part.  I get a popup login prompt once that is filled in then I get the UTM form after I login to that I then get the Exchange web mail logon form.  Basically after 3 logins you get to your mail.  Obviously something messed up there.  I am going back through everything and double checking.  I may have something wrong in the reverse authentication or something more is needed with Exchange 2016.

Are you seeing the same issue or something else? what authentication method are you trying?  I am attempting Active Directory (Username + Password) style.

Jim

• Did you ever get this working?

• No Still not working. Spoke to suport yesterday and they can still not get it to work.

We are using Active directory and you have to enter your username and password twice to get in. Its just a bit anoying for the users.

• We only get two now

Try setting up more Site path Routing for /Autodiscover using Basic /MAPI as Basic /ECP as Form /OWA as Form /Rpc as Basic

I also got rid of the / as that caused issues

I think it is that Exchange 2016 has slighly fifferent spelling for the path names. IF you check the logs you can see the urls that are comming through

• I also contacted support the other day and got a quick response/case closed email back that 2016 is not supported and to use a DNAT rule.  Would be nice to know if it is being worked on considering protecting the email server is kind of an important function of the gateway.

I have started to dig through logs also to figure out how to get this to work on my own.  Good info on checking the spelling in the logs.   

Jim

• Well it is working for us except for the passthrough on the login page which to be honest is not the bigest issue. It took a bit of fidling about to get it there

adding /mapi and /MAPI along with /rpc seemed to make the biggest difference.

It might not be supported but it can work.

• Peter, would you be so kind as to show us a picture of this configuration?  TiA!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hey,

please follow this Instructions from my Colleague: 

https://www.frankysweb.de/sophos-utm-9-4-waf-und-exchange-2016/

Tested successfully with Ex2016 today.

Greetings, 

Dennis

• Do you know what the Filter Rules are.

It looks like the main difference is I am missing 960032 and 981176

Im also missing 960911

But to be honest I have no idea what any of the numbers are used for or relate to.

Anyone know.

• Hey Peter,

The Rule numbers are false Positive Matches which have to be excepted.

We have successfully implemented WAF with the above Link in many cases. The Firewall Settings and Exceptions were figured out in many hours of work. 

Greetings,

Dennis