Sophos Central Endpoint and SEC: Computers fail/hang on boot after the Microsoft Windows April 9, 2019 update. Please follow knowledge base article 133945
Learn about the Benefits of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Turn your MFA on now!
We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
I'm using UTM 9.510-5 with a single network adapter, just for redirection and some filtering and some reason I can't make RD Web Portal to work. I published my RD Gateway and is working fine, but the Web portal its a no go. All RD roles are running on a single box.
At first, I just added /RDWeb/* in the URL hardening of my Firewall Profile that I'm using for my RD Gateway publishing, but I could not make it to work. So I have created a new virtual server that points to the same real server (the RD Gateway server) and with a firewall profile that allows everything. I can open the IIS start page, but once I put /rdweb after the URL I get:
Error: Unable to display RD Web Access
An unexpected error has occurred that is preventing this page from being displayed correctly.Viewing this page in Internet Explorer with the Enhanced Security Configuration enabled can cause such an error.Please try loading this page without the Enhanced Security Configuration enabled. If this error continues to be displayed, please contact your administrator.
I know is not a browser problem since the portal is working fine in the internal network. I have also used Wireshark to see the traffic but everything look fine.
If I set the real server in UTM to port 80 it should give and Forbidden error -since the RD Web portal requires SSL- but instead I get the internal IP of the RD server in the browser. I also have this problem with the FTP server.
I think these posts are relevant.
Another user had issues because his UTM had been configured to require TLS 1.2 but some of his remote devices had not been configured to enable TLS 1.2 on Windows 7.
In reply to DouglasFoster:
The TLS is not the problem since all my devices support it.
Created another virtual server with a different subdomain and right now is like the site is not loading completely.
I will investigate further and post any results I find.
After some testing I noticed that with Windows Server 2008 R2 is not creating the problem, works from the start. Once I put 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 I get the error I have attached.
The default IIS page is opening with no problem.
If I do a port forwarding from the router directly to the RDS server everything works without problems. Looks like the issue is caused by the UTM appliance but can't figure out what.
I think you need to use the workaround discussed in the third entry from this post: