This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Chrome/Android Oreo unable to Google even with UTM CA cert installed?

I recently got a new Android device running the latest version of Android, Android Oreo 8.0.0. Having connected it to wifi at my workplace I find that I am unable to browse to Google in Chrome, even with the CA certificate from the Sophos UTM installed - Chrome gives an HSTS error.

Research suggests that this is because since Android Nougat, Chrome no longer trusts user/admin installed certificates. (Another reference on an official Google blog) However my manager's phone is Android Nougat 7.1.1 and does not experience this problem.

Has anyone else had this issue with Android devices with recent Android versions and the Chrome browser?

Is there any official word from Sophos on this issue? I could only find this article which mentions that Chrome for iOS can't be used with Sophos UTM.

Is there any workaround which does not involve needing to root the phone and pushing the certificate to the system certificate store? For example some kind of certificate installer app?

Thanks,

Dan Jackson (Senior ITServices Technician)

Long Road Sixth Form College

Cambridge, UK.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data