This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Protection makes non-blocked domain time out

I'm having an odd issue with Web Protection causing a website to time out and never load.

The Web Protection log shows it passing the website.

Yet the website won't load. However, if I disable the Web Protection module, the website then loads. So it seems Web Protection is still interfering somehow.

Here's a packet capture of a session when I tried to load the site.

I tried whitelisting the domain in Web Protection, but the issue remains.

EDIT: I'm running UTM version 9.509-3.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi - your first post here - welcome to the UTM Community!

Some web servers just don't like proxies, so you may need to skip the Proxy for this site although I had no problem with it loading completely.  Since this is a state government site, one would hope that they have excellent security, so you might try an Exception for antivirus before configuring a skip.  I would also try a different browser and/or a different PC.  Please let us know your result.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks for the welcome and the suggestions!

I have the same issue accessing the site from another browser and another PC. The only difference is that a tracert from the one PC to the domain traces the request a number of hops before timeouts, while the other PC gets nothing at all (the former result matches a tracert directly from the UTM, incidentally).

An antivirus exception didn't work, but adding the site to the Skiplist did allow it to load.

• Thanks for the welcome and the suggestions!

I have the same issue accessing the site from another browser and another PC. The only difference is that a tracert from the one PC to the domain traces the request a number of hops before timeouts, while the other PC gets nothing at all (the former result matches a tracert directly from the UTM, incidentally).

An antivirus exception didn't work, but adding the site to the Skiplist did allow it to load.

Children
No Data